Tag: 娱乐地图论坛yldt

Grandmother delights Limerick

first_imgFacebook Advertisement THERE was a Mardi Gras atmosphere in Limerick City on Friday as the Royal de Luxe Giant Grandmother took to the streets. She began her journey at 10 am, greeting those who had patiently waited for her to wake up with the words, “Long live Limerick” before setting off to meet the thousands who lined the roads to greet her.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Cheers and gasps of wonder preceded the 25 foot-high Giant the 26 Lilliputians who help her to make the journey.Roars of laughter were prompted by her taking a widdle on O’Connell Street and people sat on the ground to hear her tell the story of the Vikings and Limerick. The key event in City of Culture 2014 brought crowds into the city to see her walk, sleep, tell stories through an interpreter and smile at her many fans.Up to 70,000 people are expected to turn out on Saturday and almost as many on Sunday to see the second leg of her journey and her departure by boat down the River Shannon.Most of the city centre was closed off for long periods today, but Gardai said the majority of people were very coperative and understanding. NewsBreaking newsGrandmother delights LimerickBy Bernie English – September 5, 2014 580 Print Emailcenter_img Previous articleExplosion during Granny’s visitNext articleBusiness blooming for Grandmother Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. WhatsApp Twitter Linkedinlast_img read more

Read More

Australia to ensure India has ‘best’ training facilities in quarantine

first_imgMELBOURNE, Australia (Reuters) – India will have to abide by Australia’s 14-day quarantine requirement ahead of the Test series starting in December but arrangements will be made to ensure their players can prepare as well as possible, Cricket Australia (CA) said yesterday.The Indian board’s (BCCI) chief Sourav Ganguly told local media earlier this month he hoped Virat Kohli’s side could have their quarantine “reduced a bit” before the first Test in Brisbane from December 3.Australia requires international arrivals to isolate in quarantine hotels due to the COVID-19 pandemic, though some have been allowed to pass the period at home due to health reasons.CA interim chief executive Nick Hockley suggested there was little prospect of India’s players having a shorter quarantine.“It’s widely known and unlikely international travel restriction will have lifted by the time India are due to come into the country,” he told reporters on a video call.“I think the two-week quarantine is pretty well defined. What we’re working on is making sure that within that quarantine environment, the players have got absolutely the best training facilities so that their preparation for the matches is as optimal as it can possibly be.”Hockley said Australia was closely watching the West Indies tour of England, which has gone off largely without a hitch apart from fast bowler Joffra Archer breach of the team’s biosecurity protocols.The Adelaide Oval, which has an attached hotel, has been seen as a potential venue for India to train safely while in quarantine.“Whether it’s a hotel on-site or hotels in close proximity to venues, it’s about certainly creating that environment where we’re minimising the risk of infections,” said Hockley.“Creating a biosecure environment is the absolute priority because there’s just a huge amount at stake if we’re not able to do that.”last_img read more

Read More

Željezničar is the new champion of BiH

first_imgThis weekend the 28th round of BiH Premier League finished and Željezničar confirmed their 1st place and thus won , once again the title of Champion of BiH by playing a match without goals against Velež in Mostar.Željezničar is placed first with 63 which is 7 points more than second ranked Sarajevo.Other results of 28th round: Široki Brijeg defeated Borac with 4:0, and Gošk defeated Travnik with 3:1.Leotar and Zvijezda played a draw with 1:1, and Sarajevo defeated Slavija with 1:0, Gradina achieved their first victory in the League by defeating Radnik with 1:0.Olimpic and Zrinjski played a match without goals and Rudar and Čelik played a draw.Željezničar is the first team with 63 points, followed by Sarajevo with 56, Olimpic with 48, Borac with 47, Čelik with 45, Široki Brijeg with 42, Slavija with 40, Zrinjski with 37, Leotar with 36, Radnik with 34, Velež with 33, Zvijezda with 33, Rudar with 32, Travnik with 30, Gošk with 29 and Gradina with 9 points.Next round will be played on 18 May.(D.J.)last_img read more

Read More

HC refuses to quash case against Navlakha

first_imgMumbai: The Bombay High Court on Friday refused to quash the case lodged against civil liberties activist Gautam Navlakha in the Koregaon-Bhima violence and for having alleged Maoist links, noting that there was prima facie substance in the case. “Considering the magnitude of the case, we feel a thorough investigation is required,” a division bench of Justices Ranjit More and Bharati Dangre said. The case is not without basis and absence of material,” it added. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’The bench dismissed the petition filed by Navlakha seeking to quash the FIR lodged against him by the Pune police in January 2018 after the Elgar Parishad held on December 31, 2017 that had allegedly triggered violence at Koregaon Bhima in Pune district the next day. The police had also alleged that Navlakha and other accused in the case had Maoist links and were working towards overthrowing the govt. “The offence is not limited to Koregaon-Bhima violence. There are many more facets to it. Hence, we feel investigation is required,” the court said. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KAfter the bench pronounced its judgment, Navlakha’s counsel Yug Chaudhary sought an extension of the interim protection from arrest granted to Navlakha by the high court after he had filed the petition. The bench agreed and extended the protection from arrest to Navlakha for a period of three weeks to enable him to approach the Supreme Court in appeal against the HC order. Navlakha and the other accused were booked under the provisions of the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and the Indian Penal Code. Navlakha’s lawyer Yug Chaudhary had argued that the activist was an author & a peace activist and was a specialist on conflict zones.last_img read more

Read More