Tag: 嘉兴类似夜尚优

Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue is dealing with anxiety

first_img“The biggest thing is that I feel good and talking to my doctor one of my happy places is the playoffs. That’s a good thing. So I do feel great, though.”Warriors coach Steve Kerr reached out to Lue to offer his best. Kerr missed time, including during last season’s championship run, because of debilitating complications from a pair of back surgeries after the 2015 title.Kerr said he spoke by phone and traded text messages with Lue.“I just tried to share some of my experience when I was out last year,” Kerr said. “The main message was you can’t allow what feels like the enormity of the job to interfere with your health and your recovery and whatever you need to do. I just told him the team will still be there when you get back. But sometimes I think in this job, because there is so much passion from the fan bases and because everybody wants to win so badly, it feels bigger than it really is. So just kind of a reminder that we’re playing a sport. Get better.”ADVERTISEMENT Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations Kevin Love cleared to play in Game 1 of NBA Finals Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue answers questions before the start of an NBA basketball practice, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, in Oakland, Calif. The Cavaliers face the Golden State Warriors in Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Thursday in Oakland. (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez)OAKLAND, Calif. — Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue is being treated for anxiety, saying before Game 1 of the NBA Finals that the pressure-packed playoffs bring him so much joy.He also realizes there are so many people dealing with challenges in life, so his story may help others.ADVERTISEMENT Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours MOST READ Lue took a leave of absence on March 19 for health reasons and when he returned April 5 acknowledged he experienced “piercing” chest pains during two games this season.“A lot of people are going through a lot of different things,” Lue said Thursday at Oracle Arena. “Just being able to cope with it and understand that there’s a lot of different people that have reached out since yesterday, I guess, and told me they experienced some of the same things.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownThe 41-year-old Lue said he has heard from many people offering support since his ESPN interview during which he revealed the anxiety, noting he didn’t intend to reveal so much.“To be honest, I messed up,” Lue said. “I didn’t even really know I said it. Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award View commentslast_img read more

Read More

KILCAR LIFT COUNTY U-21 TITLE FOR FIRST TIME IN 37 YEARS

first_imgKilcar 3-9 Naomh Conaill 2-10Kilcar are Donegal U-21 Champions for the first time since 1974 – just edging out Naomh Conaill by two points in a thrilling final at O’Donnell Park in Letterkenny today.Kilcar county star Patrick McBrearty had an inspired game, particularly in the first half as his side raced into an early lead. Dermot McGinley fired in a superb goal and when McBreaty fired into the net, the Kilcar supporters were on their feet.Naomh Conaill seemed to wake up after that and there were a few moments when the tempers got the better of the players before Dermot Molloy found the net with a great effort.But the Kilcar fans couldn’t believe their eyes when McGinley raced onto a through ball and scored his second – and Kilcar’s third – goal of the first half which ended on a scoreline of 3-06 to 1-03.Naomh Conaill lads must have had a roasting at half time as they came flying out and points from Seamus Corcoran and Dermot Molloy reduced the deficit. And when a ‘nothing’ ball from Eunan Doherty went over the Kilcar keeper into the net, it looked as though Naomh Conaill would pull it back. Molloy added another score from a free to reduce the deficit to just three points.Ryan McHugh scored for Kilcar as his side looked to re-establish a foothold on the game but Naomh Conaill – with Molloy in top form – continued to press and the supporters were delighted when John O’Malley levelled.There was nothing in it terms of score at this stage – or on the park.But then Mark McHugh won and coverted a free-kick to put Kilcar in the lead again; a lead extended a few moments later when McBrearty pointing – to give Kilcar the win by 3-09 to 2-10.It was an incredible advertisement for U-21 county football. Congratulations to everyone at Kilcar. And commiserations to a good Naomh Conaill side.© 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights ReservedThe copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldaily Follow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldailySell anything on www.donegaldailyclassifieds.comKILCAR LIFT COUNTY U-21 TITLE FOR FIRST TIME IN 37 YEARS was last modified: December 18th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:GAAkilcarNaomh Conaillunder 21 finallast_img read more

Read More

Pope canonizes five new saints

first_img Departing from John Paul’s custom, Benedict is presiding over only saint-making Masses. He has designated cardinals to celebrate Masses for beatification, which is the last step before possible sainthood. On Saturday, the bishops approved 50 recommendations for Benedict to consider in a future document on the Eucharist, which Benedict confirmed on Sunday he would issue. In the propositions, the bishops acknowledged the acute shortage of priests around the world, but reaffirmed the church’s stance on celibacy for priests, disappointing some church reform groups. The bishops also said Catholic politicians should realize their “grave social responsibility” and not support laws that contrast with church teaching. They made no blanket recommendation on whether such politicians should be denied Communion, saying local bishops “should exercise the virtues of firmness and prudence” in deciding. Benedict referred to the two issues in his homily, saying: “The celibacy that the priests received as a precious gift and the sign of the undivided love toward God and the neighbor is founded upon the Eucharistic Mystery, celebrated and adored. “Eucharistic spirituality must also be the interior motor of any activity for the lay persons, and no dichotomy is admissible between faith and life in their mission of Christian animation of the world,” he said. The pope also sent a special greeting to four Chinese bishops prevented by their government from attending the synod, saying the suffering of their communities was not in vain. Worship in China is allowed only in government-controlled churches, but millions of Chinese belong to unofficial congregations loyal to Rome. Benedict has been seeking to re-establish diplomatic relations with China and to unify the two churches to bring China’s estimated 12 million Catholics under Rome’s wing. As part of that effort, he invited four mainland Chinese bishops to attend the synod, but the Chinese church turned down the invitation. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! VATICAN CITY – Pope Benedict XVI named five new saints Sunday at a Mass closing a three-week meeting of the world’s Roman Catholic bishops that reaffirmed the church’s position on celibacy for priests and other central teachings. Most of the 250 bishops who attended the Synod of Bishops joined the pope in celebrating the Mass and the ceremony to elevate five men to sainthood. “Today I have the joy of presiding for the first time over a canonization rite,” Benedict said in an opening prayer. Many of the thousands of people gathered in St. Peter’s Square waved Chilean flags in honor of a Chilean Jesuit who was being canonized. Benedict also highlighted some of the major issues that emerged during the synod, calling priestly celibacy a “precious gift” and telling lay Catholics there can be no “dichotomy” between their faith and everyday life. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week That appeared to be a reference to whether Communion can be denied to Catholic politicians who support laws contradicting church teaching, such as abortion rights – an issue raised by American prelates at the synod. Bishops recommended giving church officials leeway to decide the issue on a case-by-case basis. Among those canonized Sunday was the Rev. Alberto Hurtado Cruchaga, a Chilean Jesuit who was known for his work with the poor as well as the young. Two others came from Ukraine: Josef Bilczewski, archbishop of Lviv, who was greatly admired by Catholics, Orthodox Christians and Jews alike during World War I; and the Rev. Zygmunt Gorazdowski, who founded the Congregation for the Sisters of St. Joseph to care for the sick and poor. Italians Felice da Nicosia, a lay Capuchin who lived in the 1700s, and the Rev. Gaetano Cantanoso, who founded the Veronican Sisters of the Holy Face in 1934, also were canonized. Benedict’s predecessor, Pope John Paul II, canonized 482 people and beatified 1,338 – more than all the previous popes over the past 500 years combined. last_img read more

Read More