Tag: 可液体可五套是什么意思

Passenger numbers continue to increase at Shannon Airport

first_imgBusinessNewsPassenger numbers continue to increase at Shannon AirportBy Editor – April 26, 2017 1308 Urgent action needed to ensure Regional Air Connectivity One of the world’s most unusual aircraft arrives at Shannon Airport WhatsApp Print Twitter TAGSfeaturedShannon airportShannon Group Linkedin New Shannon Group property shortlisted in major national awards to select the Building of the Year 2021 Shannon Airport “has been abandoned” center_img Sad day for Limerick and Mid-West following Aer Lingus announcement – Mayor Michael Collins RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleFrom classics to mod for Summer PromsNext articleUL to host International Rugby festival Editor Shannon AirportMatthew Thomas, CEO of Shannon Group plcShannon Airport has seen an increase in passenger numbers for the fourth year in succession, leading to a turnover of €67.2 in 2016, up by over 2% on 2015.Announcing his first annual results as CEO of Shannon Group following his appointment last year, Matthew Thomas said that a continuation of the company’s improving financial performance is necessary to enable it to undertake critical investments across its business units.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “The Shannon Group has a unique mix of complementary businesses that, more than any other commercial entity in the region, gives it the potential to positively influence economic development.  For example, 16 companies who announced new or expanded operations in 2016 in the Mid-West, which was the fastest growing region outside of Dublin last year, cited the global connectivity at Shannon Airport as a key influencer in their decision to invest here,” he said.Said Chairman Rose Hynes: “Shannon Group plays a pivotal role in both the regional and national economy. We provide the essential connectivity service within our wider region enabling the continued development and growth of commerce and tourism.  Shannon Group strongly supports the National Planning Framework. It is critical to delivering the environment to achieve effective regional development.  The Framework will create an environment that promotes effective economic development across the regions and relieves the pressure on Dublin.”Shannon Group confirmed that its passenger numbers  increased for the fourth consecutive year since independence in 2013, with over 1.748 million passengers flying through the airport, a 2% increase on 2015 and a 24% increase since separation in 2013.  Shannon Airport currently operates services to 35 destinations in 11 countries and last year gained new routes including to Edinburgh, winter services to Fuerteventura and Malaga, additional flights to Lanzarote and additional capacity on a range of existing routes.2016 was a positive year in terms of new business development for the airport, with four airlines – Scandinavian Airlines, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air International and Kuwait Airways – all announcing operations at Shannon. This is the first time in 10 years that four carriers, new to the Shannon schedule, announced services in one year.Shannon Heritage experienced significant growth in 2016, with visitor numbers at its day-time attractions and evening entertainment venues in Clare, Limerick, Galway and Dublin growing by 30% overall. In all, over 904,000 people visited the popular visitor attractions, which include Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, King John’s Castle and Malahide Castle and Gardens. Also included in these figures, for the first time, is the Shannon Heritage managed GPO Witness History visitor centre, which opened in Dublin at the end of March 2016 and attracted over 160,000 visitors in its first nine months. Facebook King John’s Castle Limerick reopens with new medieval themed outdoor games Advertisement Emaillast_img read more

Read More

Apple ‘One More Thing’ Event Today: How to Watch Livestream, Expected Announcement Details

first_imgApple is expected to unveil hardware based on its native ARM silicon. The company hasn’t provided any particular details, though the official invite sent by the company mentions a tagline, “One more thing.”This likely means that the event won’t reveal anything related to iPad, Apple Watch or iPhone as the company has already hosted their annual announcements in separate events.The company is also rumoured to have AirTags in the works for some time now. But those aren’t likely to be announced at today’s event. Instead, expect launches related to the MacBook and other Mac devices.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Apple is holding a virtual event called ‘One More Thing’ later today. The forthcoming Apple event, which is the third in a series of announcements — the most recent being the launch of the latest iPhone models — and perhaps the last of 2020, is expected to be the one where the Tim Cook-led team will unveil its MacBook models based on Apple’s own silicon. Apple announced its plans to transition to its in-house chips over Intel processors at WWDC 2020 earlier this year. However, the company is yet to showcase the new hardware that features its native chip.Apple event timing, livestream detailsToday’s Apple event will begin at 10am PST (11:30pm IST). Just like the previous two hardware-focussed events, as well as WWDC 2020, the event happening today will take place virtually from Apple Park. Apple will stream the event live through its dedicated Apple Events site, and on the Apple TV app as well as YouTube. You can also watch the Apple event live directly from the video embedded below.Apple event announcements (expected)- Advertisement – Apart from the initial models, the Nikkei Asia report mentioned that Apple is slated to bring other MacBook models based on its own silicon in the second quarter of next year. That could further reduce its dependency on Intel.Are iPhone 12 mini, HomePod mini the Perfect Apple Devices for India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below. At WWDC 2020, Apple confirmed its plans to go with its in-house, ARM-based silicon for the next-generation of Mac machines. That move has, however, been heavily rumoured for quite some years.New Apple MacBook likelyAccording to a recent report by Bloomberg, Apple is boosting the production of its new 13-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models as well as 13-inch MacBook Air. The smaller models are said to be ahead in production and two of them are likely to be shown off at today’s event. The MacBook models are also said to have no visible changes — apart from the new silicon that could be based on the A14 Bionic chip powering the latest iPhone models.A separate report by Nikkei Asia suggested that Apple could produce as many as 25 lakh MacBook units based on its native processor by early 2021. The new MacBook models are said to be manufactured in China.- Advertisement –last_img read more

Read More

Pakistan resumes polio campaign after coronavirus pause

first_imgThe drive will first target 800,000 children under the age of five in districts where polio is in continuous circulation — including in parts of Quetta, Karachi and Lahore — before broadening to a nationwide campaign by the end of the year.Health minister Zafar Mirza said the program was restarting as a result of the coronavirus situation in Pakistan improving. Authorities have declared more than a quarter of a million coronavirus cases, although with low testing the true figure is expected to be much higher.Rana Muhammad Safdar, who is leading the polio eradication program, said the temporary suspension had “widened the immunity gap among vulnerable children significantly”.Gains made at the start of year had been reversed, he added, after cases jumped to 147 in 2019, up from 12 in 2018.So far this year 60 cases have been reported, but experts said the impact of the pause could take months to emerge.The United Nations children’s agency UNICEF warned in May that millions of children were at risk of diseases such as diphtheria, measles and polio after the coronavirus pandemic disrupted routine immunization services around the world.Pakistan is one of only two countries where polio remains endemic. The other is neighboring Afghanistan, where last month officials detected the disease in areas previously declared free of it, following a similar pause in vaccinations.Inoculation teams in both countries are often viewed with suspicion.Opposition grew after the CIA organized a fake vaccination drive to help track down Al-Qaeda’s former leader Osama bin Laden in the Pakistani city of Abbottabad.As Pakistan has tried to eliminate polio, a new challenge has emerged in the form of a growing global movement against vaccinations.The phenomenon has attracted adherents worldwide, fuelled by medically baseless claims and proliferated on social media, resulting in a resurgence of once-eradicated, highly contagious diseases. Topics : “Right now we can’t say what impact the four-month suspension will have on our fight against polio, but one thing is sure — that the current year is going to be worse than the previous years in regard to the number of new cases,” Zulfiqar Babakhel, a spokesman for the country’s vaccination authority, told AFP. As well as the pause to the campaign, a further 2.8 million newborns also missed out on polio vaccinations, he said.Muhammad Nadeem, a 63-year-old shopkeeper from Karachi, said his family had been waiting anxiously for their two-year-old son to be vaccinated against the highly infectious disease.”It is a matter of our son’s future, and today we are finally feeling relieved after four months of fear and impatience,” he said.center_img Pakistan resumed its polio vaccination campaign Monday after a four-month pause due to the coronavirus outbreak, which health authorities feared would cause a surge in cases of the crippling disease.The country is one of only two in the world where polio is still a serious problem.Vaccination teams in the southern port city of Karachi went door to door, flanked by armed police, administering polio drops into children’s mouths without touching them, in line with new coronavirus safety guidelines.last_img read more

Read More

Durant among Brooklyn Nets players diagnosed with COVID-19

first_img Loading… The injured Durant, who has yet to play for the Nets since signing for the club last year, confirmed to The Athletic website he had tested positive for the virus.“Everyone be careful, take care of yourself and quarantine. We’re going to get through this,” Durant was quoted as saying.News that the two-time NBA Finals MVP was among those who had contracted the virus came soon after the Nets confirmed four players had tested positive for COVID-19.“Four Brooklyn Nets players have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus,” the team said in a statement. “Of the four, one player is exhibiting symptoms while three are asymptomatic.“All four players are presently isolated and under the care of team physicians.”The Nets said they were notifying known contacts of the players including those from teams who played against the Nets shortly before the NBA shut down its season indefinitely on March 12.The last team to play the Nets was the Western Conference-leading Los Angeles Lakers, who were stunned 104-102 by Brooklyn on March 10.“All players and members of the Nets travel party are being asked to remain isolated, closely monitor their health and maintain constant communication with team medical staff,” the Nets said.The four cases more than double the known number of cases of COVID-19 among NBA players.Utah Jazz defensive standout Rudy Gobert was the first NBA player to test positive – his illness triggering the NBA’s current closure.Teammate Donovan Mitchell and Christian Wood of the Detroit Pistons have also tested positive for the virus.Woods was tested after reporting flu-like symptoms to the Pistons medical staff.The NBA’s Brooklyn Nets say four of their players have tested positive for the novel coronavirusRead Also: Pogba makes coronavirus fund-raising pledgeMitchell was tested after Gobert’s positive test, but had not experienced symptoms.“I don’t have any symptoms,” Mitchell said in an interview broadcast by ABC television on Monday. “I could walk down the street (and) if it wasn’t public knowledge that I was sick, you wouldn’t know it. I think that’s the scariest part about this virus.“You may seem fine, be fine. And you never know who you may be talking to, who they’re going home to.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Kevin Durant is reportedly among four Brooklyn Nets players who have tested positive for the new coronavirus and are in isolation.Advertisementcenter_img Promoted ContentMind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It AppearedWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?A Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimePortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti8 Surprising Ways Drones Could Be Used In The Future7 Things That Actually Ruin Your PhoneThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldWhy Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do ThisWe’re Getting More Game Of Thrones: Enter House Of The Dragon!last_img read more

Read More