Tag: 上海南美娱乐会所

Passenger numbers continue to increase at Shannon Airport

first_imgBusinessNewsPassenger numbers continue to increase at Shannon AirportBy Editor – April 26, 2017 1308 Urgent action needed to ensure Regional Air Connectivity One of the world’s most unusual aircraft arrives at Shannon Airport WhatsApp Print Twitter TAGSfeaturedShannon airportShannon Group Linkedin New Shannon Group property shortlisted in major national awards to select the Building of the Year 2021 Shannon Airport “has been abandoned” center_img Sad day for Limerick and Mid-West following Aer Lingus announcement – Mayor Michael Collins RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleFrom classics to mod for Summer PromsNext articleUL to host International Rugby festival Editor Shannon AirportMatthew Thomas, CEO of Shannon Group plcShannon Airport has seen an increase in passenger numbers for the fourth year in succession, leading to a turnover of €67.2 in 2016, up by over 2% on 2015.Announcing his first annual results as CEO of Shannon Group following his appointment last year, Matthew Thomas said that a continuation of the company’s improving financial performance is necessary to enable it to undertake critical investments across its business units.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “The Shannon Group has a unique mix of complementary businesses that, more than any other commercial entity in the region, gives it the potential to positively influence economic development.  For example, 16 companies who announced new or expanded operations in 2016 in the Mid-West, which was the fastest growing region outside of Dublin last year, cited the global connectivity at Shannon Airport as a key influencer in their decision to invest here,” he said.Said Chairman Rose Hynes: “Shannon Group plays a pivotal role in both the regional and national economy. We provide the essential connectivity service within our wider region enabling the continued development and growth of commerce and tourism.  Shannon Group strongly supports the National Planning Framework. It is critical to delivering the environment to achieve effective regional development.  The Framework will create an environment that promotes effective economic development across the regions and relieves the pressure on Dublin.”Shannon Group confirmed that its passenger numbers  increased for the fourth consecutive year since independence in 2013, with over 1.748 million passengers flying through the airport, a 2% increase on 2015 and a 24% increase since separation in 2013.  Shannon Airport currently operates services to 35 destinations in 11 countries and last year gained new routes including to Edinburgh, winter services to Fuerteventura and Malaga, additional flights to Lanzarote and additional capacity on a range of existing routes.2016 was a positive year in terms of new business development for the airport, with four airlines – Scandinavian Airlines, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air International and Kuwait Airways – all announcing operations at Shannon. This is the first time in 10 years that four carriers, new to the Shannon schedule, announced services in one year.Shannon Heritage experienced significant growth in 2016, with visitor numbers at its day-time attractions and evening entertainment venues in Clare, Limerick, Galway and Dublin growing by 30% overall. In all, over 904,000 people visited the popular visitor attractions, which include Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, King John’s Castle and Malahide Castle and Gardens. Also included in these figures, for the first time, is the Shannon Heritage managed GPO Witness History visitor centre, which opened in Dublin at the end of March 2016 and attracted over 160,000 visitors in its first nine months. Facebook King John’s Castle Limerick reopens with new medieval themed outdoor games Advertisement Emaillast_img read more

Read More

Road engineers back current A5 proposals

first_img Google+ By News Highland – June 8, 2011 Google+ Twitter WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest Road engineers back current A5 proposals Government engineers in the North have said the proposed A5 dual carriageway is better value, will be safer and will affect fewer landowners than alternative proposals, according to the minister responsible for roads.But Regional Development Minister Danny Kennedy told the Assembly he would reserve judgment on the major Western Transport Corridor until completion of an ongoing public inquiry.The Irish Government is to pay around £400 million of the up to £850 million cost of the dual carriageway running from Derry to Aughnacloy, with the route helping to link Donegal to Dublin. Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Facebookcenter_img Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry WhatsApp Previous articleWe The Citizens initiative holding consultation in LetterkennyNext articleDonegal Deputy says NTPF changes are confusing patients News Highland Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Newsx Adverts Facebook Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal last_img read more

Read More

Eric Reid takes a knee during national anthem upon his return to the NFL

first_imgOctober 7, 2018 /Sports News – National Eric Reid takes a knee during national anthem upon his return to the NFL Beau Lund Written bycenter_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailGrant Halverson/Getty Images(NEW YORK) —  Eric Reid, a defensive back with the Carolina Panthers, took a knee on the field on Sunday during the national anthem before a game against the New York Giants.The game marked Reid’s return to the NFL after an uncertain few months as a free agent which he believes were because of his continued protests against racism and police brutality.Reid’s contract with the San Francisco 49ers expired in March and he remained unsigned until two weeks ago, when he joined the Panthers on a one-year contract.The news of Reid rejoining the NFL came amid speculation by some fans and players that the 26-year-old had not been signed due to his activism on the field.“I think we all know why he hasn’t received a call,” Carolina Panthers wide receiver Torrey Smith, a member of the NFL Players Coalition, said days before Reid was signed by the Panthers, echoing a suggestion previously made by others in the coalition, including Devin McCourty from the New England Patriots, and Malcolm Jenkins from the Philadelphia Eagles.“The notion that I can be a great signing for your team for cheap, not because of my skill set but because I’ve protested systemic oppression, is ludicrous,” Reid tweeted in March.Reid was the first to join teammate Colin Kaepernick in taking a knee during the National Anthem in 2016.He continued his protest even after Kaepernick’s contract wasn’t renewed at the end of the 2016 season, and he and other players who followed suit have become targets of President Donald Trump, who launched an ongoing battle with the NFL in September 2017 for allowing the protests. In August of this year, Trump said that players who don’t take a knee should be “suspended without pay.”Reid and Kaepernick filed a grievance against the NFL in May, claiming that league owners colluded to keep them from playing because of their protests on the field.Reid said last week he wasn’t sure whether his protests for social justice would include taking a knee during the national anthem but added that he doesn’t plan on dropping his grievance against the NFL even after getting signed.Kaepernick, who has remained unsigned, has continued to work for social justice issues, becoming a symbol of the modern civil rights movement.On Sunday, Kaepernick tweeted his support for Reid’s protest.“My Brother @E_Reid35, with @KSTiLLS and @iThinkIsee12, continue to take a knee against systemic oppression. They are unwavering in their conviction! #ImWithReid,” former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick tweeted on Sunday, in support of Reid.ABC News has reached out to the NFL for a request for comment, but a call was not immediately returned.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Read More

Andy Farrell can’t wait to get started in new role with Ireland

first_imgAndy Farrell says he “can’t wait to get started” after being appointed as Ireland defence coach. He won eight England caps as a player, including three appearances during the 2007 World Cup, after switching codes and joining Saracens. Farrell had enjoyed an outstanding rugby league career, one that saw him make 370 appearances for Wigan, in addition to collecting England and Great Britain honours. Ireland will bid to win a third successive Six Nations title this season. Their opening game is against Wales in Dublin on February 7. And Schmidt will be eager to see his players bounce back from a disappointing World Cup campaign, when they made an emphatic quarter-final exit against Argentina. Prop Cian Healy, though, faces a race against time to be fit to start the Six Nations title defence after undergoing a minor knee operation. The Leinster loosehead opted to go under the knife to coincide with a two-week suspension, and will now fight to be fit for Ireland’s appointment with Wales. Healy’s fellow Leinster prop Mike Ross is expected to return in time for the Wales game, but Schmidt will certainly want Healy on hand. “Cian Healy underwent a scope and clear-out of his right knee yesterday afternoon,” Leinster confirmed in a club statement. “This was an elective procedure, and while we are still waiting for the report, it is expected that he will be out for three to four weeks.” Leinster confirmed that Ireland’s linchpin fly-half Johnny Sexton has returned to full training and will be fit for Friday’s Guinness PRO12 trip to the Ospreys. “To have this opportunity to work with a very talented management and playing group really excites me,” Farrell said. “With a wealth of top-class experienced senior players and a fantastic crop of youngsters pushing hard, the future is very positive for Irish rugby, and I can’t wait to get started.” Farrell and his fellow England assistants Graham Rowntree and Mike Catt departed Twickenham following Australian Eddie Jones’ appointment as head coach. The trio were part of an England coaching team headed by Stuart Lancaster, who left the Rugby Football Union in November following a dismal 2015 World Cup campaign in which England failed to reach the quarter-finals following defeats against Wales and Australia. Farrell, though, will now return to the Test arena with Ireland, and Ireland head coach Joe Schmidt added: “It’s great to have Andy coming into our coaching team. “The quality of his delivery and breadth of his experience, as well as the positive impact he had when coaching a number of our senior players during the 2013 Lions tour, will add real value for us.” And Farrell’s appointment was welcomed by former Ireland captain Brian O’Driscoll, who said on Twitter: “So Andy Farrell new @IrishRugby defence coach! Decent business that. Very good coach and motivator. Expect line speed & great kick chase.” Farrell, 40, spent four years as an England assistant coach, in addition to being part of Warren Gatland’s coaching support staff on the 2013 British and Irish Lions tour that was highlighted by a 2-1 Test series victory over Australia. Farrell, who left his position as assistant England coach last month, will take up the role following this season’s RBS 6 Nations Championship, the Irish Rugby Football Union announced. The IRFU said Farrell’s contract would commence ahead of the June tour to South Africa and run until the completion of World Cup 2019 in Japan. Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More