Tag: 上海水磨论坛

Billy Beane talks Kyler Murray, free agent market at A’s FanFest

first_imgOAKLAND — Baseball’s free agent market is moving as slowly as it ever has, a development that could help the A’s.Much like the market last year, one in which the A’s benefitted from with the addition of Jonathan Lucroy on a cheap one-year deal during spring training, plenty of quality players remain without a team. The main positions — pitchers and catchers — are two positions the A’s are actively looking to bolster.On the pitching side, the big name still unsigned is left-hander Dallas …last_img read more

Read More

Reporting bad service – by SMS

first_img1 February 2008Cellular technology company Clickatell has teamed up with Don’t Go, a consumer advocacy website, to launch a new service that enables consumers to share their customer service experience – and complain about bad service – by SMS.Clickatell said in a statement last Tuesday that the new service provides customers with the opportunity to report bad service using their cellphones in “a matter of seconds”, enabling organisations to take immediate action to deal with problems.Founded in Cape Town in 2000, Clickatell specialises in bulk messaging services and SMS gateway connectivity, and is now headquartered in Redwood Shores, California.Research used by the company shows that only a fraction of customers complain to businesses directly when they receive bad service, giving companies little chance to deal with problems directly.Instead, consumers simply withdraw their support for the product or service and criticise the establishment to anyone who will listen.“Businesses everywhere are challenged by not knowing the reasons why customers don’t come back to their establishment, other than telling the manager on the spot, which most people simply don’t do,” said Clickatell chief executive Pieter de Villiers.“Customers everywhere carry cellphones which now can easily be used to provide honest customer feedback via simple text messaging in real time at the point of service.“Don’t Go’s innovative feedback service is a prime example of how businesses everywhere can leverage text messaging to better interact directly with their customers and improve the overall customer experience.”Don’t GoThe service is already being used by a range of organisations, including restaurants, hotels, airlines, grocery store chains, and many other businesses across South Africa, with more information being available at the Don’t Go website.Don’t Go provides participating organisations with several service options for customer care to easily monitor and address service shortfalls. Companies advertise the service in their retail outlets.Customers SMS the keyword “dont” to 34040, followed by the name of the company and their comment. Dontgo then sends the information via e-mail to subscribers at a nominal cost per month, while non-subscribers are called and provided with alerts at no cost on the first occasion.Don’t Go also provides industry-specific service reports to participating organisations, which outline continued service problems and create the opportunity for them to establish a competitive service advantage.“Our service is designed to help companies build and protect their brand through effective complaints resolution directly from the people who matter most – the customer,” said Don’t Go chief executive Moshe Sohaba.“With ubiquitous mobile phone use around the globe, the ability to offer instant feedback using SMS makes customer service better.”SAinfo reporter Want to use this article in your publication or on your website?See: Using SAinfo materiallast_img read more

Read More

10 months agoMan City eyeing Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man City eyeing Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Parteyby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City are eyeing Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey for this month’s market.City boss Pep Guardiola has been open about signing cover for Fernandinho and the Manchester Evening News says Partey fits the bill.The midfielder has complained about a lack of regular action under coach Diego Simeone, though has insisted he is committed to Atleti.Partey, 25, is contracted to Atletico Madrid through to 2023.Along with City, Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain are also keen. last_img read more

Read More

9 months agoAlexander-Arnold happy for Liverpool to snap form slump

first_imgAlexander-Arnold happy for Liverpool to snap form slumpby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold was happy to snap their form slump with victory at Brighton.A penalty won and converted by Mohamed Salah in the early stages of the second half proved decisive at the Amex Stadium, and Jürgen Klopp’s side now sit seven points clear at the top of the Premier League with Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur still to play in this round of fixtures.”No matter what every game is important for us, but especially this game,” the right-back told Liverpoolfc.com.“We knew we needed a win to get the momentum back and show that we are a really top-quality side and that’s what we’ve done, especially as it’s a tough place to come. “I think everyone in the league would agree that this is one of the toughest places to play, with good fans and a good solid team who are hard to break down. We found it difficult even at Anfield to score goals against them. We got a 1-0 win there and are happy to get the 1-0 win here as well.“Questions were probably asked about our mentality and how we would bounce back from a [Premier League] defeat because we hadn’t experienced it so far [this season], and I think it was important for us to show everyone that we are a top-quality side and to bounce back and get the win. “Like I said, everyone knew how hard it was to come here and try and take points from Brighton so we’ve done it excellently and we will look forward to next week now.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Read More

19 days agoSouthgate reluctant to fast-track Man City midfielder Foden

first_imgSouthgate reluctant to fast-track Man City midfielder Fodenby Paul Vegas19 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveEngland coach Gareth Southgate is reluctant to fast-track Phil Foden.Manchester City teenager Foden remains with the U21s due to a lack of first-team football at club level.“I’d probably try to calm Phil’s situation because there’s a lot of expectation around him,” explained Southgate.“I think that’s a huge pressure for a young player potentially. At the moment a lot of his name has been forged with our junior team. That’s how he appeared on the scene and we’re really happy with his progress.“His mentality playing with the Under 21s in the last match was great. He needs those matches. He needs that stamina and that game time.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Read More

Woman charged with accessory to murder in triple homicide investigation

first_imgMIDDLESEX CENTRE, Ont. — Provincial police say a woman has been arrested in connection to the deaths of three people from the Six Nations of the Grand River in southwestern Ontario.Police say the three bodies were discovered earlier this month, along with an abandoned pickup truck, in a privately owned field in Middlesex Centre, Ont.They say a 36-year-old woman from Six Nations of the Grand River has been charged with three counts of accessory after the fact to murder.Police have said Melissa Trudy Miller, 37, Alan Grant Porter, 33, and Michael Shane Jamieson, 32, were a close-knit trio.Miller’s brother has said his sister was seven months pregnant with a baby boy at the time of her death.Police have not disclosed the time, location, or cause of death for the three victims and they say the investigation continues. The Canadian Presslast_img read more

Read More

No need to turn off the taps for now in Trans Mountain

first_imgEDMONTON – Alberta Premier Rachel Notley says she sees no immediate need to turn off the oil taps to British Columbia now that the federal government is taking over the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion.Notley says there is more certainty around the project than there has ever been and she doesn’t plan to use her province’s legislation to regulate the flow of oil exports for now.“Because the crisis has passed, at least for now … I don’t know that we’re going to be looking to exercise this (legislation) in the very near future,” Notley said as beaming cabinet ministers stood behind her.“We still have it. It remains something that we would consider using should it become something that’s necessary for us to maximize our resources.”The federal Liberal government announced Tuesday that it will spend $4.5 billion to buy Trans Mountain and all of Kinder Morgan Canada’s core assets.In return, Kinder Morgan will go ahead with its $7.4-billion plan to twin the pipeline carrying diluted bitumen from Alberta’s oilsands to the B.C. coast and from there to overseas markets.Once the sale is complete later this summer, Canada will continue construction on its own.Alberta is making up to $2 billion available if needed to keep the project going, but Notley said it’s “very possible” the province will never pay a cent of it.She also said any money the province puts in will be converted to equity in the pipeline, so there should be no negative effect on Alberta’s credit rating.“We said we should get the pipeline built and we are getting it built. We will not stop until the job is done,” Notley said.“Pick up those tools, folks. We have a pipeline to build.”Notley said the pipeline will be under federal jurisdiction, which will limit how British Columbia laws can be applied to the project.She suggested that could mean B.C.’s constitutional argument over that government’s say in what moves through the province will have less relevance.B.C. Premier John Horgan went to court with the intent of blocking the expansion, which he has said puts the province at an environmental risk should there be a spill.(Companies in this story: TSX:KML)last_img read more

Read More

Managed dairy system enticed CocaCola to build Ontario milk plant Dairy Farmers

first_imgCoca-Cola Canada’s decision to invest $85 million in a new milk processing plant in Ontario shows why the Canadian government should continue to defend the country’s supply management system, said the general manager of the Dairy Farmers of Ontario.Prime Minister Justin Trudeau caused worries in Canada’s dairy sector when he said on NBC’s Meet the Press that Canada would consider allowing U.S. dairy greater access to the Canadian market as part of the renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement.“As far as I know the government is going to continue to support the Canadian dairy system. This is a perfect example of why he ought to,” Dairy Farmers general manager Graham Lloyd said in an interview Tuesday.He said the system is attracting investment from around the world.“It’s a good example of why this system works, and when you compare it to the other systems and dairy industries they’re just not sustainable and not growing.”The U.S. beverage giant didn’t comment on Canada’s dairy system, but said tariffs were a deterrent to importing its Fairlife ultrafiltered milk from the United States.Coca-Cola also likes to make products in the country where they are sold, said Fran Mulhern, vice-president of Coca-Cola and general manager of the farm to table business.The company plans to build a plant adjacent to its 70-year-old Minute Maid frozen juice facility in Peterborough, Ont., to produce lactose-free milk that is rich in protein and lower in sugar than traditional milk.The operations, set to open in the first quarter of 2020, will create 35 new jobs and support 100 jobs at the existing juice plant, which supplies North America with frozen juice.Changing consumer habits towards products with less sugar makes it a perfect time to make Canada the first international market for Fairlife products such as ultrafiltered milk, said Mulhern.“We see lots of opportunities for this to really grow dairy, and bring consumers back into dairy,” she said in an interview.In the year after the product was launched in the U.S. in 2015, 40 per cent of the consumption came from buyers who were not drinking milk, according to a Nielsen survey, she said.Canadian milk consumption has been declining about one per cent annually for years, but value-added products are growing five per cent per year and account for 20 per cent of Canada’s dairy market. Almost 20 per cent of Canadians consume lactose-free dairy.The plant will be supplied with milk from local dairy farmers in Ontario.“Anything that will grow the dairy market and increase dairy production and increase dairy consumption is quite exciting, and that’s why we’re quite supportive of this opportunity,” Lloyd added in an interview from Ottawa.The milk uses a patented cold filtration process to remove lactose and sugar, leaving it with 50 per cent more protein and 50 per cent less sugar than traditional milk.Coca-Cola has been in a joint venture with Select Milk Producers, the sixth largest U.S. dairy co-operative, to make Fairlife products that are added to the multinational’s broad portfolio of beverages.Coca-Cola Canada employs 6,200 people in more than 50 facilities, including six production facilities across the country.Follow @RossMarowits on Twitter.last_img read more

Read More

OGC says natural gas well located north of FSJ has been capped

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The B.C. Oil and Gas Commission says the natural gas well that blew-out, north of Fort St. John, has now been successfully capped.Saguaro Resources experienced a natural gas well blow-out, on December 29, at a remote site approximately 180 kms north of Fort St. John.The incident occurred at 10:15 p.m. (MST) on Dec. 29, 2018 and there were no injuries. The Commission opened its Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) overnight and had dispatched two operations officers to the site. All other wells on the site were shut in as a precaution and the site was evacuated.An emergency response zone was established with roadblocks set up and air monitoring in place.OGC says the well has since been capped on December 31, which concluded the incident.However, the investigation continues and the company is fully cooperating with the Commission.last_img read more

Read More

Olivier Giroud in Olympique Marseilles radar

first_imgOlivier Giroud could be on his way out of Chelsea just six months after joining the west Londoners from rivals Arsenal, according to reportsGiroud, 31, won the World Cup this summer with France and could be sold to Marseille to fund a move for Juventus’ Gonzalo Higuain.Atletico Madrid were previously linked to the former Montpellier forward but finally settled for another option making the French forward available in the market.But, with the French giants still on the lookout for reinforcements at centre-forward, Reports from France suggest that Giroud is now once again being targeted, following problems in the club’s attempts to secure a deal for Mario Balotelli.Tammy Abraham, ChelseaChelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.However, it is also believed that Chelsea are unlikely to give up Giroud without a fight, despite rumours that Maurizio Sarri is on the lookout for a new centre-forward.According to inside reports at Stamford Bridge, Sarri is not a big fan of Giroud and would prefer to work with Juventus forward Gonzalo Higuain.last_img read more

Read More